Friday, December 18, 2009

“Scrap the Health Care Bill -- Your Man Said So”

Over the past few months I have tried to give a unique perspective on the health care reform debate. Rather than take sides, I have asked questions about the bills, that neither the Democrats nor Republicans have addressed.

I have stated that we need healthcare reform, but that I do not believe that the current bills were getting us where we needed to go.

Yesterday, I introduced you to the time honored tradition of "Your Man Said So." Basically, when somebody on the other side agrees with you, the argument is over.

Democratic National Committee Chairman, Dr. Howard Dean M.D., has come out and said that it is time to scrap the healthcare bill.

In an editorial he said: (Click Here to Read Washington Post Editorial)

“If I were a senator, I would not vote for the current health-care bill.”

“In Washington, when major bills near final passage, an inside-the-Beltway mentality takes hold. Any bill becomes a victory. Clear thinking is thrown out the window for political calculus. In the heat of battle, decisions are being made that set an irreversible course for how future health reform is done. The result is legislation that has been crafted to get votes, not to reform health care.”

“I know health reform when I see it, and there isn't much left in the Senate bill. I reluctantly conclude that, as it stands, this bill would do more harm than good to the future of America.”

As you can see by reading the full editorial, there were some things in the bill he liked and others he could not stomach. However at the end of the day, he is concluded that this bill as written “would do more harm than good to the future of America.”

Because of, "Your Man Said So," I now will take a position and urge you to do the same. "Scrap the current health-care legislation and start over."

Have a great weekend

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment